Well, like most people, I updated Sharepoint Foundation to SP 1. And, like most people, search immediately stopped working.
I had to do three things to get search back up and working again:
1) Install SP 1 for Search Server Express
2) Install the June Cumulative Update (CU), which is a hotfix that you have to request from Microsoft here. This is odd, as it is recommended that you do this here.
3) Update the Search DB to the new schema. To do this:
- Open an Administrative command prompt.
- Change directory to C:Program FilesCommon FilesMicrosoft SharedWeb Server Extensions14BIN
- Run PSConfig.exe -cmd upgrade -inplace b2b -force -cmd applicationcontent -install -cmd installfeatures
I don’t know why the above command can’t be set to run automatically at the end of the installation.
Really helpful. I just tried the first option and it worked fine for me.